Off-leash Fenced Dog Parks
- Shirlington Dog Park, 2601 South Arlington Mill Drive, Arlington. Eleven acres with gates that lead to a stream. Separate areas for large and small dogs. Well-maintained with plenty of room for running. Amenities: Water and poop bags.
- Simpson Stadium Park at Monroe Avenue. Amenities: Stadium lighting for after dark.
- Beatley Library Dog Park, 5000 Block east of the Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Library. Bring your own water.
- Montgomery Park, 901 N. Royal Street at the corner of Fairfax and 1st Streets
- Ben Brenman Park by Backlick Creek, 4800 Brenman Park Drive. Bring your own water.
- Dog Run Park at Carlyle, 450 Andrew's Lane. Separate small dog area, grass, gravel, benches, and drinking water.
Off-leash Unfenced Dog Parks and Exercise Areas:
- Founders Park at Oronoco Street and Union Street, Old Town Alexandria
- Windmill Hill Park, 501 S. Union Street
- Braddock Road Dog Run at Southeast corner of Braddock Road and Commonwealth Ave.
- Hooff's Run, east of Commonwealth between Oak and Chapman Streets
- Fort Williams Dog Run, 501 Fort Williams Parkway at Dearborn Rd
- Tarleton Park, 4420A Vermont Avenue, Old Mill Run west of Gordon Street
- Chambliss Street Dog Run, located south of the tennis courts
- North Fort Ward Park, east of Park Road
- Timberbranch Parkway and Parkway Terrace
- Chinquapin Park Dog Run, 3210 King Street
- Monticello Park Dog Run Area, 320 Beverley Drive
- Four Mile Run Park, 3700 Commonwealth Avenue, Edison Street cul-de-sac
- Mount Jefferson Park, W&OD Railroad at Raymond Avenue
- Holmes Run Park, Homes Run Parkway and South Jordon Street, Bike trail, creek and picnic areas.
- Huntley Meadows Park, 3701 Lockheed Blvd, Alexandria. Dogs are allowed in most of the park; however, they are not allowed on the wooden boardwalk.
- Mount Vernon Trail, George Washington Parkway, Alexandria.
- Gravelly Point Park, George Washington Parkway, Arlington. Must access park from the northbound direction on the GWParkway. Come watch the planes fly in with your dog. Caution: can be noisy.
- Theodore Roosevelt Island Park and Memorial, George Washington Parkway, Arlington. Many acres of dirt trails and nature for you and your dog. Parking is on the George Washington Parkway on the northbound side where you walk to the island over a bridge.
- Pohick Bay Park, 6501 Pohick Bay Drive, Lorton. Dogs are allowed throughout the park and the campground for no additional fee. Dogs may not be left unattended in the campground, and they must be under their owner's control, leashed, and cleaned up after at all times. The camping and tent areas also allow dogs. There is a dog walk area at the campground.
- Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna. Dogs are allowed throughout the park, except they are not allowed in the concert area during performances. Dogs of all sizes are allowed at no additional fee. Dogs may not be left unattended, and they must be leashed and cleaned up after.